Sourdough Oatmeal Sandwich Bread
- Water (boiling) 400 grams
- Rolled Oats 100 grams
- Starter 100 grams
- Butter (unsalted) 45 grams
- Brown Sugar 37 grams
- Salt 7 grams
- Bread Flour 520 grams
- Pour boiling water over rolled oats. Soak oats until temperature drops below 110 Fahrenheit (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in brown sugar and starter. Let rest for 30 minutes
- Add butter, salt, and bread flour. Turn out onto counter and knead until smooth and not sticking to your hands (about 5 minutes).
- Place dough in greased bowl to proof.
- Stretch and fold four times at 30 minute intervals.
- Proof until doubled. This will take 8 to 10 hours.
- Turn dough onto counter and shape for loaf pan. I do this by stretching the dough out into a rectangle that is a little less wide than the length of my loaf pan (about eight inches). The length of the rectangle is about 12 inches. Then a roll the dough into a loaf that fits into the pan.
- Place dough in greased loaf pan and allow to rise for two or three hours.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 and bake until internal temperature is about 200 degrees (20 to 30 minutes more).